The Outpatient Services Unit at Union General Hospital provides the following services for our patients:
- Limited Treatments – catheter exchanges, enemas, etc.
- Medication Administration – intravenous and intramuscular
- IV Therapy – IV fluids, other IV medications given via IV (iron infusions, immunolglobulin, etc)
- PICC line and Port-A-Cath flushes, lab draws and dressing changes
- Medications and treatment orders from an out of town doctor – patient must have writtened and signed orders. Narcotics and controlled meds have to have an original prescription, not a faxed copy.
- Administration of Outpatient heart failure diuretics in conjunction with cardiologists.
A small waiting area is provided for families and/or friends of loved ones, but is limited to only one person per patient. Because all of the services are outpatient, there is no overnight stay.